Monday, October 21, 2013

A Princess and a recipe!

I realized the other day how much I miss blogging. Mainly because my blog is basically my journal, so if I'm not blogging my life whirls by undocumented which is fine except that my kids are killing my brain cells! I want to record the sweet little things they say & do. I want them to remember how many wonderful, fun things we do as a family. Plus I think it will be good "Mommy" time to stop and process my life and recognize the beauty in the ordinary. So, hopefully, this means I will really be returning to blogland for real this time!

New and exciting in our house is that there are now 5 of us! Our boys are very proud to have a "Princess" to protect and love. They are crazy about their sissy! Its really so sweet to watch them kiss her and coax her smiles. I am so blessed!

I really want to post a bunch of pics, but for some reason my computer isn't allowing me to.  I'll wait on my big posting until I can link the pics of my beautiful babies in at the same time.

Now I want to share a recipe I came up with last night and I'm kind of excited about. A few weeks ago my husband took the family out to a new local resturant as a very special treat. They only served Mac & Cheese! The kids were in heaven and surprisingly,  we were too! Paul and I split a bowl of Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Mac & Cheese! YUM! So last night I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner and decided to experiment. I've been trying to eat better since I've had some random health issues recently and I enjoy eating quinoa, but my family does not. This didn't make them converts, but it helped!  Please note that I was literally pulling things out of my cupboard and fridge experimenting last night. so adjust as you see fit. This is approximately what I did, hopefully it will work for you!

Cheesy Quinoa
1 Cup uncooked quinoa
1/2 block cream cheese
1/4-1/2 milk
4 oz (half block) shredded sharp cheddar
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp paprika
3 diced roma tomatoes
crumbled bacon

Cook quinoa according to package. Once cooked, pour in milk and add cream cheese in small chunks. Stir over low heat until smooth. Add garlic & paprika. Add cheddar and stir until melted. Stir in tomato & bacon.

I served it with steamed kale. So GOOD!

And on that note, I think I shall go indulge in the peach cobbler on my counter that is sitting next to the apple pie I made last night or maybe the carmel, walnut brownies...hmm, there is way too much sugar in my house right now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails